Best Carpet Cleaner for Pets: In-Depth Reviews and Buyer’s Guide
Pet blemishes, urine, hairs, stenches, vomit, and other litters have to be the most unpleasant bits of owning these homely companions. Nonetheless, being a mutt/ feline owner, it is imperative to accept this fact, and necessary to find suitable ways of ridding your rugs of tough smudges and awful smells when necessary.
Of course, one of the solutions you can consider is getting your pet mats cleaned professionally. But as we all know, this can be quite an expensive affair. So, what to do? Acquiring a carpet cleaner machine has to be the smartest decision in this regard. With one, you can cheaply and quickly tidy your mats, get rid of unpleasant spots and whiffs. Ultimately, you’ll provide a hygienic place for your pet, keeping disease-causing organisms at bay.
In this article, we provide you with details on the 10 best carpet cleaners for pets available. We created this list after conducting thorough tests for 72 hours. Every item in this series is accompanied by in-depth reviews, each featuring standout features and a list of pros and cons. If you’re in a rush to make your choice, check out our top recommended pet carpet cleaner right below to see if it something you’ll want to acquire.
That said, we have also added a comprehensive buyer’s guide. We provide you with information on the various types of carpet washers available, tips for choosing the perfect item, FAQs, and advice on the proper use of these products.
Our #1 Carpet Cleaner for Mutts / Felines: BISSELLProHeat 2X Revolution
The BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution is our top-recommended item as it is engineered to deliver powerful cleaning, making it incredibly straightforward to wash resilient smudges. Moreover, this appliance enables you to eliminate any smells, including powerful stenches from animals such as skunks. It’s unequivocally the ideal item to acquire because it provides distinct smart features. Best of all, the EZ Clean Brush Roll Cover enables you to tidy the appliance quickly after use.
Categories of Carpet Cleaners for Pets
Washers for feline/ mutt mats come in different forms. Today, the market will provide you with the following types of washing items.
Pet Mat Tidying Appliances
These are equipment engineered to assist in tidying mutt/ feline floor cloths and carpets. They wash smudges, cancel out stenches from mats, and can go on to provide a drying function. Thanks to advancements in technology, you can find cleaning machines that eject steam, delivering a more thorough clean.
Carpet Cleaner and Dog Odor Eliminator Shampoo
These are chemical substances/ formulas that offer smudge and stench removing capabilities. They can be utilized with machine cleaners to deliver a more powerful clean.
Carpet Spray to Keep Dogs from Peeing/ Pet Carpet Detergents
These are pet mat cleaners that come in spray/ powder form. They have distinct properties that go a long way to eliminating smudges and stenches from rugs and carpets.
Additional Information on Big & Small Pet Carpet Cleaner
As you search for a quality carpet washer, keep in mind that they all work differently. Take the needs and special requirements of your dog. For example, does she have an allergy to particular compounds? Also, read which surfaces and fabrics are fine to use a specific brand on. Some agents are made for carpets only while others are multipurpose.
Individual Product Reviews
After combing the market for 72 hours, we recommend the following products for cleaning your rugs. Check out our reviews to know more about these items before deciding on one.
Best Pet Carpet Cleaner Machine Overall:
If you’re dreaming about an appliance that is light, easy to move about, and can reach under the fittings in your abode, then you have to acquire the Bissell pet carpet cleaner. This equipment boasts of industry-leading smart capabilities that see it do away with smudges, spots, and stenches effectively.
For instance, when utilizing the Express Clean Mode, you can manage to dry a carpet in thirty minutes only. In addition to that, the CleanShot Pretreated mode enables you to wash the most stubborn blemishes imaginable. It achieves the perfect result by providing a powerful stream of cleaning substance at the exact spot you wish to focus on.
Furthermore, thanks to the Max Clean and Dual Dirt Lifting capabilities, you can wash your carpet or mat way more thoroughly, removing those smudges and stenches that would not go away otherwise.
It can also remove all animal hairs from your surfaces with impressive efficacy. Upon buying this item, you’ll be given a specialized trial formula that assists in fighting urine stenches and blemishes. And if nothing else, a portion of the amount spent on acquiring this equipment goes to a pet foundation. Therefore, by purchasing it, you help better the standard of other pets' lives.
- Removable brush roll cover;
- Dries mats in approximately 30 minutes;
- Formula samples included;
- Heatwave technology for removing tough stains;
- Two-in-one upholstery tool.
- Quick-drying (approx. half an hour)
- It’s light, thus simple to use
- Cleans beneath any furniture
- Washes the corners of any room
- Easy to maintain
- Small water tank capacity
Best Inexpensive Carpet Washing Appliance:
This appliance offers the perfect blend between functionality and price. When weighed against other items in this assessment series, it is quite affordable, given impressive results, it can help you in ridding your house of pet hairs, smells, and smudges goes.
It is quite intense, to say the least, delivering two times more washing capability when weighted against other compact and manageable tidying machines. The item is quite easy to maintain, thanks to a removable nozzle at the front that allows for quick removal of accumulated filth. It can also reach smudges at any location, allowing you to eliminate them without hassle.
- Minimalist design;
- HeatForce tech for quicker drying;
- Antimicrobial properties;
- Manageable weight for effective use;
- Easy to store.
- Detachable nozzle for quick tidying
- Automatic mixing of cleaning formulas
- Comfy handle
- Auto-clean capability
- Short power cord
Best Value for Cash:
Each individual is particular about what they spend their money on. So, when we purchase something, we want to realize the value for every dime. When it comes to pet washing machines, this equipment is sure to give you value for every dollar.
It has impressive capabilities, to say the least. For one, it delivers a powerful scrubbing mechanism that allows for the effective removal of stains minus damaging the mat. The water containers on this item are also considerably larger, meaning you can wash for longer without having to add water. And note, the dirtied water is not mixed with the unadulterated one at any point.
- Dries in approximately forty-five minutes;
- Massive tanks;
- Auto-detergent mixing;
- 360-degree scrubbing mechanism;
- Rubber and bristle cleaners.
- Brush-head can be easily detached for cleaning
- Huge-capacity water tanks
- Forty-five-minute drying capability
- Leaks with on just a few improper uses
Best Multipurpose Carpet Steam Cleaner:
If you’d fancy utilizing your equipment beyond tidying up after your pet, then you ought to think about the NEAT by Dupray. It is lightweight, easy-to-assemble equipment that delivers a splendid chemical-free clean. Due to this, it’s the perfect item to utilize on the pet carpet if your animal is sensitive to chemicals found in various washing substances.
This item uses superheated steam, making it simple to wash greasy smudges and filth. Moreover, owing to this high-temperature steam, this appliance enables you to kill almost all disease-causing insects and micro-organisms.
- Fast heating- seven minutes only;
- Usable at any area;
- Intermittent steam cleaning option;
- Wheels at the footer for smooth movement;
- Lengthy cord, hence, further reach.
- Quick heating
- Powerful steam cleaning
- The wheeled base allows flawless movement
- It isn’t dedicated to washing pet mats
Top-Rated Carpet Cleaner for Pet Stains:
The SpotClean is hands down the best spot carpet cleaner for pet stains. It utilizes heated water, proven washing substances, and a strong suction force to wash smudges in deep-down locations, where various cleaning agents cannot reach.
Better yet, it realizes this on the go, meaning you will not have to dwell in a particular site to get it tidy. If your pet messes your fabric-covered stairs, you can swiftly remove the resulting dirt using this appliance, given it can fit on any stairs perfectly. And with a long hose and power cord, you can reach any area in your house for cleaning.
- Three-quarter gallon tanks;
- Trial washing substance included;
- Smudge trapping feature to keep dirt inside but outside the engine;
- Suitable for use on several surfaces.
- Lengthy hose
- Easy to maneuver
- Sizeable water tanks
- The hose is somewhat delicate
Best Carpet Cleaner for Pet Urine:
Concerning formulas, the Rocco & Roxie stain and stench remover is undoubtedly the best carpet cleaner for dog urine. Furthermore, this substance enables you to wash other messes, for example, vomit and colored spills. It has powerful enzymes that are activated once dirt is detected.
This item does not have chlorine as an ingredient; hence, it is totally safe to utilize in sites with colors. And if nothing else, the majority of people who have tried this pet odor eliminator have provided positive reviews.
- Multiple uses (on concrete, wood, laundry, etc);
- Child- and pet-friendly;
- Bio-enzymatic formula;
- Refund if blemishes and stenches are not gone after use.
- Safe for kids and pets
- Approved for cleaning floor cloths
- Money-back guarantee
- Powerful scent
Professional Carpet Cleaners for Pet Urine:
For a super robust pee and stench extractor that you can utilize during professional gigs, this enzyme-based agent is a winner. It’s a wonderful alternative for clearing discoloration and awful stink from your rugs, floor, mats, clothing, and even furniture completely.
While it is created to be strong against persistent dirt and smells, it still manages to be safe for usage on places where children, as well as pets, use. This product uses inert bacteria that activates when it is poured onto pet pee.
- Enzyme-based stink & smudge removing agent;
- Made for carpets, rugs, beddings, pet litter, car interiors, etc.;
- Effective for liquid waste, sweat, poop, vomit, or blood;
- It’s packed in a gallon size.
- Excellent on tough spots
- Not too harsh
- Has a nice perfume that’s not too strong
- It is only provided in the scented variety
Best Enzymatic Cleaner for Dog Urine:
This agent by Simple Solution is a wonderful smudge removal product, arguably among the top alternatives that you can find today. Its enzyme composition assists in fighting and eliminating pee discolorations and stenches from fabrics, clothing, floors, among many more. It is packaged in a multi-functioning sprayer that makes for easy application.
- Is sold in a 32 oz sprayer container;
- Dispenses through streaming, foaming, or misting;
- Removes organic discoloration from drool, puke, pee, or poop;
- Can be used on most fabrics & furniture.
- Made from enzyme & pro-bacteria to discourage repeated staining
- Packed in a convenient multi-functional sprayer
- Gentle for use on the majority of places & around individuals/pets
- Removes most organic smears
- Unsuitable for non-organic grime
Natural Pet Stain Remover:
Are you set on a detergent that’s ‘green’ but still powerful in tackling pesky piss spots and stink? This natural discoloration eliminator from TriNova is manufactured from organic compounds only.
The natural enzymes within cleaner decompose, disintegrate, and dry out smudges to restore fabrics and rugs to the former condition. Because it’s natural, you can bet that it’ll not be dangerous and may be used within your home, including your pet’s sleeping area.
- Made with non-chemical components;
- Sold in a 32-Oz sprayer or 1-gallon container;
- Great for most places, including small pet cages;
- Professional-grade power.
- 100% natural formulation
- The great herbal scent that eliminates any unpleasant odors
- Dries out smudges quickly
- Offers complete satisfaction assurance
- The straw inside does not reach the bottom completely
Budget Pet Carpet Cleaner Spray:
If you are shopping for an effective floor covering cleaner on a budget, this product is a worthy purchase. It works both as powerful stains removal agent and as a sanitizer. So, it does three jobs in one: removing blotches, keeping unpleasant emanations at bay, and killing most of the bacteria in one application. These qualities make the product ideal for controlling mutt litter, more so if there are young or crawling children.
- Sold in a 22-Oz container;
- Has two spraying alternatives (spraying and streaming);
- Sanitizer, stain and stench remover in a single container.
- Cleans as well as sanitizes fabrics
- Penetrates thick rugs and sleeping materials to get the stench out
- Handy and efficient container
- Should not be applied to wool
Bonus: Pet Odor Eliminator Candles
If you are struggling with an awful pet stink, it might help to buy a stench eliminator candle, to complement your cleaner. Just Makes Scents Candles 7 Gifts produces a wonderful odors eliminator candle that neutralizes bad emanations rather than overpowering them. It’s made from soybean oil and lasts up to forty hours when in use.
- Two fragrance choices - Original and Fresh linen;
- Sold in an 8-Oz jar;
- Made from American-grown soy;
- One candle can last for 40 hours
- Smoke-free when burning
- Neutralizes pet, cigarettes, and food smell
- Composed of naturally-occurring ingredients
- The size is a bit small
Tips for Choosing the Quintessential Product
While there are many carpet washers on sale, each with unique features, there’re some essential characteristics each item ought to have. Below are some vital attributes to consider before acquiring a pet carpet washing machine:
An item that can maneuver easily is perfect if you want to access those tiny spaces in your abode. A piece of equipment with a canister vacuum will be easy to move about and can reach to any corners in your dwelling.
A large house means a broader space to tidy. So, if you are going to handle such a place, it is sensible to acquire a lighter appliance since it’ll be simpler to move with it.
- Appliance capacity
If you have several pets under your roof, then they’ll be more filth to wash. Therefore, you need an appliance with more capacity to avoid emptying the collection bag frequently.
- Motor power
Appliances with more motor power deliver better results, especially when removing heavier substances, for example, mud and vomit.
FAQs on Carpet Cleaners
Do you have questions about piss/dirt carpet cleaning and products you should use? We’ve answered the majority of them below. Have a look.
- How Do I Strip My Carpet of Pet Urine Stink? - While you can create solutions at home from common kitchen products, nothing quite beats a high-quality stench remover. With one or two applications, the bad whiff is truly gone. Check out superb stench removers above.
- What Is the Most Effectual Carpet Shampooer for Pet Urine? - The ultimate suggestion is the Simple Solution Extreme Pet Stains Remover. It dispenses as foams, streams, or mists depending on the intensity of cleaning you’d like.
- What Is the Most Affordable Carpet Cleaner? - The PowderDash carpet cleaner by Hoover is a wonderful deal if you are searching for a machine that functions but is also inexpensive.
- Which Is Better Hoover or Bissell Carpet Cleaner? - Bissell and Hoover are both top brands in the industry, and therefore, they both make high-quality products. So, when deciding between either, it is mostly about your preference or budget. The Hoover cleaner reviewed above is best for light spots and inexpensive. Our top recommended Bissell cleaner is most suitable for tougher discolorations and regular usage and is a little pricier than Hoover.
- What Is the Best Home Carpet Cleaner for Pets? - Try the BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro. It’s effective in removing deeply embedded dirt and whiffs. It’s also lightweight, with a foot make it easy to move around furniture. It can be used on not just mats but also upholstery.
- What Carpet Cleaner Is Best for Pet Pee? - The Rocco & Roxie stench eliminator is by far the preferable pet dander cleaner. It’s exceptional for all manner of organic smudges from piss to puke to poop. Plus, it does not comprise of traces of chlorine, making it ideal to use near animals and kids. Get more details about it in the review above.
- What Is the Perfect Pet Urine Stench Remover? - You’ll get an array of options here. If you’re more into an organic stench remover, TriNova Natural Pet Odor Remover is the best. If you want a brand that you can utilize for professional purposes, try BUBBAS Super Strength Enzyme Cleaner. Finally, you can as well go for Woolite Advanced Pet Stain & Odor Remover if you are price-conscious.
- Is It Better to Shampoo or Steam Clean Carpets? - Whether to shampoo or steam your carpet really depends on your needs and situation. Steaming is natural, it desensitizes (because of high temperatures) and dries the carpet much faster. Shampooing takes a little more time as it needs soaking, doesn’t disinfect, and may include spots remover. However, both options work well in removing dirt and stink.
- What Is the Best Way to Clean Carpet with Dog Pee? - Cleaning pet messes with regular detergent may get a big part of the mess out. But it will do little for the discoloration, and whiff that the waste leaves behind. Instead, use a pet mess and blotches cleansing agent. First, spray or spread out the fluid generously on dirty, smelly, or decolorized spot. Going by the instructions indicated on the packaging, permit it to react to the smudges for some minutes up to a few hours. When you come back, you’ll definitely notice the difference.
- What is the Most Practical Way to Deep Clean My Carpet with No Steamer? - A terrific method is to purchase a cleansing agent. You will most likely find it packed in a sprayer. Simply dispense it all-around marks where piss or dander blotches are and permit it to rest for a bit so that it reaches deep-seated smudges. Lastly, dab the solution off or pass the vacuum to ensure the site is clean. We recommend BUBBAS, Rocco & Roxie, or Simple Solution stains and stench removers.
- Can Regular Carpet Cleaners Do Away with Dog Urine? - Yes, they can remove pee and even keep the stench out. However, you’ll need to identify one that is specifically made for clearing pet urine as it’ll likely have stain and whiff fighting properties.
- How Do You Maintain Carpets with Dogs? - The most effectual way to protect your matting and sofas from dog waste is, of course, to potty train your mutt. If accidents happen, however, it’s imperative that you purchase a powerful pee and stench remover to handle the mess and deter your furry friend from marking spots all over your floor covers.
- Are Bissell Carpet Cleaners Safe for Pets? - Yes. Bissell International describes its products as safe for application on surfaces frequently used by pets and young children.
- What Carpet Cleaner Has the Best Suction? - The BISSELL SpotClean Pet Pro does. It is a compact machine, wonderful for washing out marks, that features powerful suction power and scrubbing.
Verdict on Safe Carpet Cleaner for Pets & Final Recommendations
As you’ve seen, these suggestions are the top cleaning machines and fluids you will find today. BISSELL’s ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro is the overall best steam cleaner judging from its quality and effectiveness. Rocco & Roxie takes the slot for the supreme urine stench and spots eliminator.
You can explore other options we’ve touched on above to discover the absolute choice for your requirements. Remember, you can combine two things in combination if anything alone isn’t working as you want. For example, you could try a carpet steamer together with a pet odor eliminator plug in.