The Top 8 Dog Pooper Scoopers – Best Guide for Buyers in 2019
Dogs generally are super adorable creatures and fun to have around the house. However, they are as unhygienic as they are fun. So, to own a dog or pet, you should be responsible for its wellbeing. Whether it needs to eat, pee, bath or poop, you must be available to do that. However, no one is ever excited to scoop a dog’s poo. It sometimes is not pleasant. If you are one of the few dog parents who finds it hard or disgusting to scoop up your dog’s poo, then the pooper scooper is what you need.
GoGo Stik, The Totally Clean Pooper Scooper
If you're looking for the best dog pooper scooper, GoGo Stik will be the best option for your furry friend. It's affordable scooper with long handle, which you can adjust.
Getting the best pooper scooper may seem daunting and stressful. Therefore, we have collated the 8 excellent dog pooper scooper devices in the USA to help you choose what fits your dog better. We made this selection based on each scooper’s weight, working surface, size and height, etc.
How Poop Scoopers Work
Generally, every poop scooper is meant to collect your pets’ poop. Some come as a robotic pooper scooper, plastic, aluminium or rubber poop scooper. They come either in broom/packer form, rake/packer form, rake/spade/packer combo or as an auto packer. Each one serves a different purpose and functions based on the texture of where your pet has pooped. Some are good for grasses, rocky areas, wooden floors, cemented or tiled surfaces.
Simply attach a waste bag to the surface that packs and if it does not come with a plastic bag, simply move waste into the scooper. Then use the spade or rake to pick up your pet’s waste. You are either standing or stooping to pick it up and this depends on the kind of pet waste collector that you go for.
Things to look out for when choosing a Pooper Scooper
When choosing a pooper scooper, it is imperative to avoid choosing just any scoop type. What works for pet parent A may not work for pet parent B. Consider the following when purchasing a pet waste collector and you will enjoy your decision.
Height: Are you tall? Getting a poop collector that makes you stoop will begin to give you waist pain in the long run. If you have back injury or waist issues, a short poop scooper may wear your back down.
Check for quality: Be sure that the device is strong because any one that is created from poor quality material is likely to break after using for a short while. A good one is usually made from industrial strength plastic and aluminium.
Review of the Best 8 Pet Waste Packer
Let’s look at the 7 top poop scoopers for your pets. Hope this review helps you make a purchase decision.
Best Overall - GoGo Stik, The Totally Clean Pooper Scooper
Looking through and analyzing our list of poop scoopers for dogs, we realized that GoGo Stik surpassed them all. Why this is our favorite and why we recommend it more is not only because it is a pooper scooper with a bag but due to the fact that it eliminates the need to stoop low to clear your dog’s poop. Its long handle keeps the smell away from your face. Whether you use it to pack poop from the grass or concrete, it scoops greatly.
I am quite tall and this helps me pack my dog’s waste without needing to strain my back and it is affordable. Even though it comes with plastic bags which can be ordered for when it finishes, I use basically any disposable plastic bag that I find around the house.
- It is great for walking your dog
- It is affordable
- Long handle to prevent bending
- Made with high-quality material
- Stick length is adjustable
- Bags must be changed when filled up instead of emptying
On our list, this is our second most loved scooper. Its features make it very easy to use and maintain. This large pooper scooper is built from plastic and has a handle which can be extended for up to 32 inches. It is long enough for you not to inhale y our pet’s feces when clearing it. The fact that it is made from plastic makes it easy to clean and less messy to handle. There is a minor issue with this product though and that is the fact that during winter, it will be difficult to scoop frozen poop. Besides that, it is the second best go-to product.
Also, with or without a bin, the scooper still works fine. The arm and hammer disposal bag is very ideal for odor control. The product weighs 1.9 pounds and has a 9 x 7 x 32 inches dimension.
- It has long handles which will prevent you from having back issues
- It comes with disposable odor-control nylons that prevent the smell of your pet’s poo
- It is not heavy and can be taken on dog walks
- Made from plastic, it is easy to clean after use
- The long handles save you from bending to scoop your pet’s poop
- The product is lightweight, and the handles are ergonomic
- Poop can be picked up from grass, dirt and pavement
- It works with any bag type
- It does not work very well during the winter
Best Value for Money - Spotty Solid Wood Handled Metal Poop Tray with Rake Pooper Scooper
If you need a poop scooper that is sturdy enough to clean out your dog’s kennel, yet, light enough to carry without stress, then the Spotty Solid scooper is the best choice. This metal pooper scooper seldom breaks compared to the all plastic scoopers. It has a wooden long handle for both the metallic tray and rake for scooping the poop. When you are not using the scooper, you can simply clip the tray and rake together. With this long handle dog pooper scooper metal, you don’t have to bend, squat or come face to face with your dog’s waste. Even though it is made of metal, it will not rust.
A challenge with this product is that it is too small for packing the waste of a large dog. You would need to repeatedly pack dog poo into the tray until you clean up all the poo. Reviews from different dog owners on this product still show that the major issue is the size of the waste packer. As a lightweight product, it weighs 1.47pounds and has a product dimension of 36.8 x 8 x 6.5 inches.
- The product comes with a tray and scooper that are made of metal. They do not rust. Their wooden handles also contribute to the lightness of the product
- Unlike some handles, this product’s handle is very sturdy and one would have to intentionally bend it to break
- It does not easy to break
- It is affordable
- It is light and can be easily carried around
- Perfect for cleaning yards and kennels
- It is not suitable if you have a large dog or multiple dogs
Are you a travel fanatic that cannot go anywhere without carrying a dog? Are you searching for a fancy, portable dog waste scooper that is cost effective, yet, easy to use? Then, this heavy duty pooper scooper will fit your travelling needs. You do not need to fold sticks; it is small enough to fit into a bag. Do not be deceived by the size because the back can be extended to fit in more dog poop. With this, you do not need to hold it while walking your dog. It can be hung on the dog’s leash. Do not worry, it will not be heavy for the dog.
As much as it is great to use, it also has its shortcomings and what most people complain about is that it can only scoop limited quantity poop, mostly from small dogs, due to its small compartment. Also, I would not recommend using this if you will be walking multiple large dogs because it may not contain all their poop. Although, the back of the poop scooper is extendable to contain more dog waste. The product weighs 9.6 ounces.
- It is very convenient if you would be walking your dog, as, you would not have to bother holding a long stick. Simply attach it to your pet’s collar during a walk. Then, you can keep it in a corner when at home or when not in use
- It has a compartment for you to put a plastic bag
- It can be hung on the dog’s leash, so, that you don’t have to carry it
- It is extendable to take in more poop
- It is compact and light-weight
- May not be able to take in a lot of dog waste
Different poop scoopers serve different purposes and using the wrong one can be quite frustrating. If your pet does its business mostly in the grass or cemented areas, then you should invest in this best pooper scooper for grass. It is suitable for poop scooping for every dog size. It is a pooper scooper with a bag attached to take in plenty of pet waste. You can actually wrap this up and give it out as a gift to your friends that have pets. Not to mention, it is very affordable.
- The waste bag comes with rubber to secure the waste product. So, instead of tying it when it is too full, simply do that with a rubber band to prevent the poop from blowing away
- Strong and light to carry
- Long handle to prevent your face and nose from inhaling the dog’s poop and its smell
- Serrated scooper tip prevents poo smear
- The scoop is large and can be used for multiple large pets
- Long hand prevents users from bending or squatting
- Rubber band added to tie up the plastic bag
- The custom plastic bag fits very well
- It is affordable
- Difficulty in picking canine's waste when the soil is soft
Canines can be careless about where they excrete and as a dog parent must always be prepared to handle their pet’s business. Having to stoop to pack the waste can get tiring. How about when you have multiple dogs and need to pack waste from different spots? Well, this three in one device will allow you rake poop on grass using the rake, while the shovel will allow you pack the excrement and dirt from the ground. Imagine that your dog purges on the grass, the spade scooper will come in handy. As a dog parent, you need all three tools, the rake, spade and poop scooper. This device weighs 2.4 pounds.
Bending is not necessary to collect the poo because the devices each have long handles that can extend up to 38inches.
- The handles are made of top-quality steel, which gives it its sturdy look. While the rake, spade and scooper are made from aluminum, which makes it last longer
- The spade can be used on concrete, wooden floors, or any flat surface while the rake can be used on the grass
- If you care about the environment, then this is for you because you do not need to use plastic bags with this tool
- It is very easy to clean after use because it is non-stick. After use, you can simply wash under running water or a hose
- Sturdy but has a light-weight
- It can be disassembled for easy storage
- It does not rust
- It may not appeal to people who want to use plastic bags
This has to be the lightest amazon pooper scooper that I have seen. It is a non-stick and automatic pooper scooper that picks up your pet’s poop from different locations. It is made of solid plastic and pretty easy to clean. It also has some microbial properties which help to destroy bacteria from the device.
- The device is made from sturdy plastic
- The device weighs
- It is 32 inches long
- It is a lightweight device
- The tension in the spring is strong enough to close the jaws of the device swiftly
- It is good at scooping any waste type from the grass
- Poo does not stick to the scooper when being disposed
- The device has a short life span
Frequently Asked Questions on Poop Scoopers
If you have more questions on the poop scooper, you can look through the FAQs. I hope it helps.
What is a poop scooper?
As human beings, when we need to excrete, we have toilets designed for us because we are intelligent beings who know that these things should be done without having to show the world what we are doing. It is not that way for dogs and pets generally. All they are interested in is to make you happy, eat, sleep, bath and poo.
They tend to excrete in the open and this usually messes up the environment. So, as a dog or pet parent, it is your responsibility to take care of the litter using a pooper scooper. It is used to pack the waste created by your pet.
Can I travel with my poop scooper?
Yes, you can. There are portable and detachable waste disposers that you can pack if you are travelling with your dog. Just ensure that it is clean and packaged in a separate case.
Are there companies that offer poop scooping services?
Due to the lifestyle of certain dog or pet owners, scooping poop has become a lot of burden to them. This has created an avenue for companies that offer pooper scooper service for these people. When you sign up with them, you can choose your disposal method and they work with that. However, your disposal methods must be in line with local regulations.
Having a poop scooper will save you from a whole lot of stress. You can choose what suits your lifestyle and your dog better. If you can figure out what works best for you, then life would be much easier. There are different kinds of scoopers to choose from. There is the pooper scooper with bag attachment and the ones without it. There are long and short handle ones, stick and non-stick ones, big and small ones, etc. You need to consider what suits you before you begin to compare costs. You may consider costs and end up getting the ones that will not be suitable for you. If you are a busy person, it may be ideal to hire the services of poop scoopers, to save you time and energy. Also, it will save you from an unhealthy environment which could be harmful to your health. From this pooper scooper Amazon review, which one was your favorite?